We see them everywhere in Denver. People riding scooters in streets, on sidewalks and in bike lanes. But for some, interactions with these scooters end up causing severe injuries. Denver locals can expect to see scooters provided by Lime, Bird and even the ride sharing company Lyft.
While it is fairly simple to find any of the rental scooters around town, determining if they are being operated and maintained properly becomes increasingly difficult.
While these scooters have only appeared on Denver streets recently, many people using them have been involved in collisions causing serious injuries.
Some of the most common incidents for Bird, Lime and Lyft Scooters include:
- Injuries caused by unsafe roadway conditions including debris, obstacles and potholes
- Injuries from poor maintenance leading to malfunctions of the scooters
- Injuries caused by erratic handling to avoid collisions with pedestrians, cyclists or other scooters.
- Riders being hit by open car doors
- Scooters vs. Pedestrians
- Injuries caused by failing braking mechanisms
- Injuries caused by collisions between scooters and automobiles
Other unsafe riding practices on Scooters include:
- Improper lane changes
- Not wearing a helmet
- Too many people on the scooter
- Not following traffic signals
- Failing to ride in the legally designated place for scooters
- Riding while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
A personal injury attorney at Legal Help in Colorado can help you investigate the cause of your injuries and get the compensation you deserve. Severe injuries can lead to hospital bills, pain and suffering and unemployment. You need an attorney you can count on.